Unclogging a toilet can be a difficult task, but it doesn’t have to be.
We’ve put together this handy list of five simple ways to unclog a toilet, from the most straightforward and cost-effective methods, like plunging the clog with water or pouring boiling water down the pipes, to the more advanced strategies for when those do not work.
You’ll never have to worry about an unclean space again!
- Plunge with Water – This is usually the easiest and most cost-effective way to unclog your toilet. Pour as much water into your bowl as possible (in batches if needed), then wait several minutes before repeating. If the water begins to drain, you should be good to go.
- Pour Boiling Water Down the Bowl – This method is a little more advanced and requires hot water. Ensure your bathroom is well-ventilated, then pour the hot water into the bowl. If your clog is caused by a build-up of solid matter (as opposed to a liquid or gas), stirring it with your plunger should break it up!
- Use Chemicals – For some clogs, boiling water won’t cut it. If you’re facing a stubborn clog that will not budge, you may need to turn to chemicals for help. You can use household chemicals like bleach and baking soda or get more industrial-grade chemicals from your local hardware store.
- Find Commercial Products – If you don’t want to mess around with plunging or chemicals, you can buy specially designed toilet clog-removal products designed for the job. These products are usually created by chemical interaction and mechanical pressure, so they’re very effective at breaking clogs apart.
- Call a Plumber – When everything else has failed, it may be time to call a professional plumber. If your toilet is too damaged to fix, a plumber may be able to install a new one. A small job like unclogging a toilet could cost between $50-$200.
Affordable Plumbing Services in Grass Valley, CA and The Surrounding Areas
Lazy Drains Septic, Sewer’s team of technicians is highly trained and has years of experience installing high-quality plumbing products for households and businesses.
We offer full-service plumbing, including drain cleaning, sink, toilet installation, hot water tank repair & replacement, faucet repair/replacement, gas/electric water heater installation/replacement, and repairs to all fixtures from sinks to toilets to showers.
Reach us at (530) 273-3007 to have our professionals fix your plumbing issues.