Your water heater is likely aging and needs a replacement or repair soon. The 5 Signs in this blog will help you determine if your water heater is on its last legs.
- It makes a loud noise when it shuts off: If a loud pop or bang occurs when the water is shut off, it could be due to internal rupture and is a sign of imminent failure.
- Your water pressure valve fails: If you notice that the pressure control valve fails to maintain pressure at the required level or may not even shut off water flow, this indicates that your water heater needs replacement soon.
- Your water heater produces a burning smell: If you notice signs of discoloring and you experience an increase in hot water temperature, then this could be a sign that your water heater is nearing time to replace.
- You notice a decrease in hot water pressure: In some cases, you notice a reduction in hot water pressure even while the heat is turned on.
This is due to the higher than normal use of water, and if the pressure drops too low, it may lead to a possible reduction in hot water temperature.
- You experience shorter hot water supply: One of the common symptoms of failing water heaters is when you experience a drop in the available hot water supply from your heater.
This could be due to accumulated sediments or other debris inside or outside your storage tank.
Bonus: Money-saving opportunities: If you have a hot water heater that is already nearing the end of its lifespan, consider replacing it because the repairers will charge you almost as much as a new replacement.
Lazy Drains Septic, Sewers offers plumbing services in Grass Valley, California, and the surrounding areas.
When you need more than the simple drain cleaning that comes with most toilet plunger (plunger) store-bought plungers, then Lazy Drains Septic, Sewers has you covered.
Fill in our contact form and get a free estimate. Alternatively, ring us at (530) 273-3007